Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spiced Apple, Banana, and Pumpkin Muffins {VEGAN}

Hello lovelies!

I have some sad news to bring to you… This will be my last blog post of the year before I go on exchange. The stress has just been too much. April Fools!!!!! Haha sorry that's a day late ;)

On a nicer note, what a beautiful day it is today here in Lennoxville! The sun is shining and overly ambitious people aren't wearing jackets. Yep, I think spring has arrived. I told ya it was right around the corner :) It was so nice to walk to class today without 75 layers on. Hopefully this isn't some cruel April Fools joke and that it doesn't go back to -28C tomorrow. This year my prank game just wasn't up to par for the big day. Well it's kind of April Fools everyday with me so that's ok! I'm always telling little fibs and making dumb jokes, constantly saying "psych!" or "just kidding". I even earned the nickname El Pranko… So I'm just happy nobody got me too good yesterday.

If you're feeling bakey (bake-ish?) you should definitely make these muffins! They combine the best ingredients and make for SUPER moist vegan muffins. Sometimes I find that vegan baking doesn't fully taste like "normal" baking but these puppies are sooooo good!! I altered the recipe a bit and ended up making 12 muffins and a small loaf with the leftovers. So you might have to use a bit of personal judgment when baking them because it was kind of an improv act.

If you have any questions about baking/making these delicious treats just comment below. I'm always checking my email and so I'll reply as soon as I can!

Spiced Apple, Banana, and Pumpkin Muffins {VEGAN}

Ingredients:

- 2 bananas, peeled and mashed

- 1 cup pumpkin puree

- 6 Tbs unsweetened of apple sauce

- 2 tsp of coconut oil, melted and cooled

- 4 Tbs of maple syrup

- 2 tsp of vanilla extract

- 2 cups wholewheat flour

- 2/3 cup brown sugar

- 2 tsp of baking soda

- 4 tsp of baking powder

- a pinch of salt

- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon

- 1 teaspoon of all spice

- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves

- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg

- 4 Tablespoons of water

 
Preparation
1 – Preheat your oven to 350F and grease loaf pan and muffin tins.
2 – In a large bowl sift  flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and spices and stir to combine.
3 – In a small bowl or jug stir together mashed banana, pumpkin and apple puree along with coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup until well combined.
4 – Add banana/apple/pumpkin mix to your flour/sugar mix and stir until just combined.
5 – Gradually add in your water 1 Tablespoon at a time and stir to combine until you reach your normal banana bread/cake batter consistency.
6 – Pour batter into your prepared muffin tins and poor the leftover batter into your loaf pan. Sprinkle muffins with some oats and a little brown sugar (optional).
7 – Bake the muffins for 25 mins or until they are golden brown and the tops springs back when lightly pressed. A toothpick should have just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the centre. The loaf may need to cook a little longer (30+ minutes).

p.s. Aren't these muffin liners absolutely gorgeous?? Maggie gave them to me! Isn't she sweet :)

Enjoy!

xox

1 comment: