Monday, September 9, 2013

Wild Blueberries? Muffins!

Hello hello!

I have a little break in my day today so I get to go home! Later on in the year I will probably use this time to be productive but right now I've done everything I can do, so I can goof around on the internet and write a blog post. Here is the muffin recipe I mentioned a little while ago. Oh btw WE HAVE INTERNET. So I can finally write blog posts from home, which is ten thousand times more convenient.

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

1 ½ C whole wheat flour
1 C oats 
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ C sugar
¼ heaping C melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla 
1 egg
2 large bananas 
⅓ C apple sauce
¼ hemp hearts (optional)
1 C blueberries 

✿ Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
✿ Mash bananas and add in sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla, egg, apple sauce and mix well.
✿ Combine wet and dry ingredients and then add the hemp hearts (optional) and blueberries.
✿ Fill 18 muffin cups with liners or spray with cooking oil/spray.
✿ Bake for 17 minutes at 400 degrees.





These are so good and it makes so many! Plus they are pretty healthy for you :) Enjoy!

Gaby




No comments:

Post a Comment