Thursday, September 26, 2013

Let's Talk Cookies

Hey guys and gals,

I hope you aren't drowning in too much work this week! It is officially my weekend so I can sit back and relax. Nvm I have like 538439439038 things to do so my weekend will be go go go. I want to get some of my work done early though because I want to participate in the annual Tomiphobia Trail Clean-up with the environmental club on Saturday. I went last year and it was a good bonding experience with the club, plus we got to be in the great outdoors during my favourite season.

This summer I watched a movie and one of the main characters drops out of Harvard Law to open a bakery because she got caught up baking every time she had a study session... Is this my future?? Well judging from this week, that's sounding pretty good! For my International Business class we have to analyze a case study in a group of five every week so my friends Rachel, Kelly, Becky, and Karly all came over to my house to work on it. One of the things I love the most about my house is the big harvest dinner table and the banquet that can fit so many people. It's perfect for big meals or group projects. I made cookie squares for the meeting and they sure were a hit.

Cookie Squares


- ⅔ cup shortening
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar                       
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk choc. taste the best.)

✿ Cream together the first 5 ingredients then add flour, salt baking soda. 
✿ Mix well and then add the chocolate chips. 
 Grease pan with shortening (8x8).
✿ Bake 375 degrees for 17 min. or until light brown.  



This recipe is quick and easy and only requires one bowl. You can make them in no time at all because you don't need to roll them or scoop them, just pat them down in a pan. You'll be having study groups in no time if you make these ;)

xox Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment