Friday, September 6, 2013

Dessert and Drinks

Hi readers,

I'm sitting in Tim Hortons and using their WiFi but I didn't buy anything. I'm such a rebel. I hope everybody had a smooth transition back to school, and that my friends in their first year haven't died during frosh. We still don't have internet but our house is really shaping up! Here are a few pics of my room:



DIY project
My roomates Sara and Ariane had birthdays in August so we celebrated last night with a vegan cake I made. Since Sara is vegan I decided to alter a recipe I had already made. I used my Grandma's Wacky Cake recipe but instead of using butter, I used margarine. For the icing I used the following recipe

Vegan Buttercream

Ingredients:

- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup margarine
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp almond milk

 Directions:

✿ Whip margarine and shortening together with an electric mixer.

✿ Slowly add sugar and milk in small amounts.

✿ Add a few Tbsp of cocoa powder for chocolate icing

Chocolate Center!!

Nice face...

#selftimer


By the way this is the cake stand I bought at Chapters that I mentioned a few posts ago. After the birthday celebrations last night I went over to some friends' house for our usual Shirley Temple Thursday. I'm happy that the bottle of grenadine survived the move and that Elizabeth has fancy glasses to drink them in. I swear they taste better in those instead of Dewies cups. There may or may not have been some vodka added to them as well...

Thanks for reading!

xox Gaby

2 comments:

  1. Gabs I love the red wall in the kitchen (is that the kitchen?) Also cool cabinets in your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! The red wall is in the dinning area but it's all open concept.

      Delete