Friday, April 19, 2013

Welcome!

Hi friends, family, and casual visitors! I am thrilled that you decided to follow my journey as I prepare for my first time cooking away from home. If I do say so myself, I have a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to kitchen knowledge. With that being said, it's a whole new ball game when you're living away from home with limited ingredients and a budget the size of my left toenail. This past fall, when I came to Bishop's University, I lived in rez and even managed to bake a few things using limited resources (think some Skor chips, a jar of peanut butter, and a mini fridge).

#sketchy
Even though I loved living in Mack this year (Go Gaiters!), I am itching to have my own kitchen to throw big dinner parties or even just make myself a goat cheese grilled cheese. I know I sound like a 35-year-old soccer mom when I say this, but when my roomies and I were house hunting I totally judged the house on its kitchen. I have to say that ours is pretty stellar, but so is the rest of the house. Did I mention it has a pool?!

Gorge eh?
I have always wanted to write my own blog and I thought this was the perfect time. For the first little while I won't be cooking in my new kitchen in Lennoxville, home of BU, but instead back home in Ottawa. This summer, I will documenting my recipe and kitchen gadget search, with the odd post about things I have made. So sit back, relax, and have a chuckle as you read about how I will attempt to survive on something other than tuna and soda crackers.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud to leave your first comment! I'm really pumped to read all about your kitchen adventures Gabs! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete